Sr. Cloud DBA
About the Role:
As the Sr. Cloud DBA, you will be in a critical role for RealMassive. You will have oversight of the commercial real estate database and maintain best practices and recommendations for enhancing the data collection, normalization, and storage of commercial real estate and all associated data. You will be the expert on the entire data process and pipeline, from collection, ingestion, storage, and maintenance all the way to delivery.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is located in Austin, TX.
- Responsible for planning, designing and maintaining a next-generation, modern data platform
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day database operations and oversight of the database environment
- Manage and support development and deployment of the data pipeline
- Manage databases in cloud environments such as Amazon (PostgreSQL, RDS)
- Establish Center of Excellence (CoE) for all of our data warehousing, analytics reporting and BI solutions
- Load data across databases/schemas as needed, and support and debug automated ETL processes
- Deploy database code to multiple databases/schemas as needed
- Serve as a database lead resource, and oversight for the development of web services for data posting and data delivery
- Participation in design and deliverable reviews as requested
- Provide technical leadership and expertise on data integration
- Perform data modeling and database support for web-based application development
- Determine, implement, and enhance standards on database security and perform other activities, as required
- Ensure proper documentation of database and related objects
- 6+ years of experience with industry data standards and database architecture
- 6+ years of development DBA experience with MS SQL databases/PostgreSQL
- 4+ years of design and implementation of databases, SQL, ETL, and Python
- Work experience and knowledge in managing the data integration and maintenance of complex data transformation processes
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
- Outstanding analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with REST API development and integration using Python
- AWS RDS PostgreSQL skills and experience
- Market-competitive compensation, to include equity
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Company sponsored long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible working options
- Suite of optional benefits include HSA, FSA, and short-term disability
- Enjoy catered lunch several times per week + snacks + fancy coffees
Why join us:
At RealMassive, our strength is our knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people. We are commercial real estate’s only real-time, big data solution and property marketplace dedicated to providing innovative technology solutions to modernize a $15 Trillion industry. Our products are designed to break down the barriers that have traditionally isolated data and insights from those who benefit the most from an open data environment. We strive to make the lives of our customers easier through information and access, which in turn helps local communities around the country grow and thrive.
Whether you work in engineering, data science, product, sales or operations, at RealMassive, we are all focused on the same mission and vision – to be the world’s source of commercial real estate data and insights. We are focused, dedicated and committed to improving the lives of our customers by staying experimental, agile and innovative.
Our culture is built on inclusion, integrity and ideation. We value the voices, thoughts and passions of every employee and believe that success is collaborative, not individual. When you join RealMassive, you’ll instantly help our customers make better decisions, create opportunities, move faster and improve the commercial real estate transaction experience.
RealMassive, commercial real estate’s real-time data provider and marketplace, is the industry’s source for searching, finding and evaluating commercial property and markets around the country. The marketplace makes it easy for business owners, entrepreneurs, brokers, developers and investors to find the perfect property to start and grow their business in small rural communities or major metropolitan areas.
With innovative data solutions, RealMassive is the industry’s largest data source of commercial property data that is updated and verified weekly. The data collected, standardized and enriched by RealMassive provides our customers with faster, more effective information to make decisions relating to leasing, acquiring and dispositioning commercial properties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
If you feel you are a fit and want to jump on this ship, we welcome you to apply.
Please complete the online application as well as the behavioral assessment at the following link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/wAm93