Full Stack Engineer
About the Role:
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our growing development team. In this role, you will be a versatile member of the engineering team, researching, advocating, and implementing technical solutions to business problems using modern best practices and technologies.
This job is for you if you are passionate about building products and web services that are reliable, maintainable, extensible, performant, and well-tested. You're invested in learning and staying abreast of best practices and modern trends in development and DevOps.
RealMassive's architecture is built primarily with Node.js, React, and Python. You'll be working in an ecosystem with powerful ETL and analytics pipelines, a highly-available JSON API-driven data layer, and a distributed microservice architecture, all built on AWS.
- Design and implement highly performant web applications and services
- Build and enhance new products and features in a greenfield environment
- Present sprint demos to senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Work closely with QA engineers to improve code integrity and application resilience
- Integrate with the design team to craft user-focused experiences
- Build services using polyglot persistence solutions (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores, blob stores)
- Mentor peers and junior developers on best practices and patterns
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Strong Python skills with knowledge of at least one web framework (e.g. Flask, Pyramid, Django)
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to adapt your communication style to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of component-based UI libraries and frameworks such as React or Vue (we use React)
- Experience with SPA paradigms and associated trade-offs (i.e. client-side rendering vs. server-side rendering)
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
- Outstanding analytical skills and problem-solving abilities drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- NextJS, Redux, AWS
- Python 3, Flask and SQLAlchemy
- AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with ORM libraries (e.g. SQLAlchemy, PonyORM) and at least one modern database (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, integration and deployment automation, and scalable infrastructure
- Proficient understanding of a distributed version control system (e.g. Git, Mercurial)
- Ability to execute a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Market-competitive compensation, to include equity
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Company sponsored long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible working options
- Suite of optional benefits include HSA, FSA, and short-term disability
- Enjoy catered lunch several times per week + snacks + fancy coffees
Why join us:
At RealMassive, our strength is our knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people. We are commercial real estate’s only real-time, big data solution and property marketplace dedicated to providing innovative technology solutions to modernize a $15 Trillion industry. Our products are designed to break down the barriers that have traditionally isolated data and insights from those who benefit the most from an open data environment. We strive to make the lives of our customers easier through information and access, which in turn helps local communities around the country grow and thrive.
Whether you work in engineering, data science, product, sales or operations, at RealMassive, we are all focused on the same mission and vision – to be the world’s source of commercial real estate data and insights. We are focused, dedicated and committed to improving the lives of our customers by staying experimental, agile and innovative.
Our culture is built on inclusion, integrity and ideation. We value the voices, thoughts and passions of every employee and believe that success is collaborative, not individual. When you join RealMassive, you’ll instantly help our customers make better decisions, create opportunities, move faster and improve the commercial real estate transaction experience.
RealMassive, commercial real estate’s real-time data provider and marketplace, is the industry’s source for searching, finding and evaluating commercial property and markets around the country. The marketplace makes it easy for business owners, entrepreneurs, brokers, developers and investors to find the perfect property to start and grow their business in small rural communities or major metropolitan areas.
With innovative data solutions, RealMassive is the industry’s largest data source of commercial property data that is updated and verified weekly. The data collected, standardized and enriched by RealMassive provides our customers with faster, more effective information to make decisions relating to leasing, acquiring and dispositioning commercial properties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
If your career preference is to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, where your success is measured by your contribution to the team—we should talk.
Please complete the online application as well as the behavioral assessment at the following link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/JgjwW