Sr. Data Engineer
About the Role:
As the Data Engineer, you will join our engineering team and build world-class data solutions for RealMassive. You will have oversight of the commercial real estate data pipeline process and develop best practices and recommendations for the data acquisition and data delivery method for the company. You will be the expert on the entire data solution from data collection, transformation, ingestion, and data delivery.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is located in Austin, TX.
- Overall responsibility for day-to-day data pipeline operations and manage database acquisition and data delivery methods effectively
- Serve as a lead data engineer to manage the development of web services for data posting and delivery
- Provide technical leadership and expertise on data integration and data delivery
- Perform data quality procedures to ensure data consistency and data integrity
- Ensure proper documentation of data posting and related API objects
- Work directly with product and engineering team to understand data needs and provide end-to-end data solutions that address customer requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- 4+ years of database development experience with relational databases such as Oracle/MS SQL/PostgreSQL
- Hands-on experience writing SQL, Perform SQL optimization and tuning
- Strong work experience with Python scripting or equivalent
- Working knowledge with AWS RDS, Data Lakes and data analytics
- Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multitask
- Outstanding analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools and Agile development methodologies
- AWS RDS PostgreSQL skills and experience is a plus
- Experience working with AWS Glue, EMR, and Kinesis
- Experience with data science and machine learning
- Working knowledge with big data and advanced programming languages
- Experience in working with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Company sponsored long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Flexible working options
- Suite of optional benefits include HSA, FSA, and short-term disability
- Enjoy catered lunch several times per week + snacks + fancy coffees
Why join us:
At RealMassive, our strength is our knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people. We are commercial real estate’s only real-time, big data solution and property marketplace dedicated to providing innovative technology solutions to modernize a $15 Trillion industry. Our products are designed to break down the barriers that have traditionally isolated data and insights from those who benefit the most from an open data environment. We strive to make the lives of our customers easier through information and access, which in turn helps local communities around the country grow and thrive.
Whether you work in engineering, data science, product, sales or operations, at RealMassive, we are all focused on the same mission and vision – to be the world’s source of commercial real estate data and insights. We are focused, dedicated and committed to improving the lives of our customers by staying experimental, agile and innovative.
Our culture is built on inclusion, integrity and ideation. We value the voices, thoughts and passions of every employee and believe that success is collaborative, not individual. When you join RealMassive, you’ll instantly help our customers make better decisions, create opportunities, move faster and improve the commercial real estate transaction experience.
RealMassive, commercial real estate’s real-time data provider and marketplace, is the industry’s source for searching, finding and evaluating commercial property and markets around the country. The marketplace makes it easy for business owners, entrepreneurs, brokers, developers and investors to find the perfect property to start and grow their business in small rural communities or major metropolitan areas.
With innovative data solutions, RealMassive is the industry’s largest data source of commercial property data that is updated and verified weekly. The data collected, standardized and enriched by RealMassive provides our customers with faster, more effective information to make decisions relating to leasing, acquiring and dispositioning commercial properties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
If your career preference is to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, where your success is measured by your contribution to the team—we should talk.
Please complete the online application as well as the behavioral assessment at the following link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/Gvjan